Wednesday, February 17, 2010

everything is amazing

This is another post about teaching because-- let's face it-- it's pretty much what I do all day.

A while back, my friend Justin posted this video on his blog.  It resonated with me then, but on days like today it has really been on my mind.




Recently at school there has been so much negative energy going around-- complaints about trainings, new programs to be implemented, discouragement on my part, the "winter blues," and a time-consuming work load.  Even so, everything is amazing and nobody is happy.  I am convinced that right now is the best time to be teaching.  There are so many amazing things to teach, technologies that are incredible, and an unprecedented number of students who continue on to higher education.  I love my job-- the school I teach at is solid, my students are (usually) wonderful, and third grade truly is where it's at.  I resolve to keep all of the amazing things about my job in mind.  It's amazing.  and I'm happy.

2 comments:

Kayci said...

I feel the same way about my high school.

Mackenzie said...

oh man is this video resonating with me. who knew conan was so inspirational.
looooove you brynn